Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dave Reed Bowls Harder Than You.

So tonight was just an overall great night. Cancel that, great day. I spent the early part of the day up in the quaint village of Granville with one of my good friends, visited with her great aunt and uncle (who are loaded), drinking coffee, and perusing a small book store. 

Back to tonight though, and the main event: Guys night. Ish. For dinner Jacob, Slemmer, Pierce, Brad, Tyler and myself headed to Fabian's which is an awesome pizza joint serving up some deep dish delights. We had some coach pops and a whole lot of laughs, during which it was easily decided that Jacob has absolutely no future as a hostage negotiator. Whichever way you slice it though, I love these guys and their friendship and brotherhood has meant more than all the gold in Fort Knox to me and my walk with Christ. Fellowship like this cannot be taken for granted. 

After this wonderful dinner and hilarity, we all headed over to the local bowling establish for more merriment and coach pops. Other friends met us there, and unfortunately this is where the guys night ended, however very fortunately the fellowship of the guys didn't end there. While ladies showed up, the guys kept things rolling and really I don't think I've laughed that hard in one night consistently for a very long time. 

It made me really think the whole night about one thing though: why am I so eager to move? Obviously I am anxious to work full time for Young Life, as this has been a dream and calling for some time in my life. Most all of you know that I have always then cherished the state of Virginia, even before I wanted to work for YL. However, all of you also know how much I absolutely love and am loyal to my close friends. A recent friend of mine from Florida wants to go on YL staff and was convinced that she needed to leave the state. She also has a group of girls that she is ridiculously close with, and because of that decided to stay in the state to go on staff. An interesting thought. 

So I'm just tossing some stuff back and forth in my head, praying a lot now, and will be spending a lot of time seeking God's presence. 

Oh yeah, and Dave "Mother Effin", "Shifty Eyes", "Silent Coyote" "It's his world, we're all just living in it" Reed does bowl harder than you. The man-beast bowled at 26.2 miles per hour. Therefore he is the faster marathoner in the world as well. Amazing.

No comments: