Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Horrible at titles...

Hey hey hey...so I am finally getting into a groove in my two news jobs, and then the past two weeks Macy's has called and said they didn't need me some days. Which is semi fine and semi horrible. It's fine because when I get there I have to get there at 6am, and that's just wicked early. It's horrible because gosh darn it, I need to pay rent and such!

Really though, this is just another fun little example of me needing to trust in the Lord with all that I have, that He will take care of me. Am I not more valuable than the sparrow that falls to the ground under His will? Also, there is the fantastic scripture from Jeremiah 29, where God tells Jeremiah that he shouldn't worry because God knows His own plans for Jeremiah and that those plans are for a future and a hope and not for ruin. 

It's interesting, when I graduated and had a steady job at Zuppa, I thought that life was going to be much easier and less hectic. That in turn probably lead to an attitude of progressively less reliance on God to supply my needs in my life. So I suppose the backwardsly fun thing about not quite getting the hours I need at either job yet is leading me back to a place of utter reliance upon God to meet all my needs in Christ Jesus. That my friends is the place that we should live our lives, and the place that finds us truly connecting with God; it's not in the places or times that we find ourselves able to take any credit or glory, but the places where the only thing we can do is lift our hearts and voices in worship to God the Father.

"You keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." ~ Isaiah 26:3-4

1 comment:

Jaclyn and Tyler said...

im going ot stop reading ur blog if you don't keep me updated. you arent in school so quit going whole weekends without posting.

i meant that all lovingly:)