Friday, January 2, 2009

My future is Secure.

So I am on the tail end of the longest text message conversation I've ever had, and even as I write this sentence it continues. The other end of the conversation is none other than JJ Einsfeld, who is wise beyond his years and really just an incredible man. If you don't know him, get to know him; I demand it.

Anyways, we got on this topic of how people in this world, even Christians, focus so much on setting up their lives in a safe and secure way so that they can retire comfortably, have a comfortable house, comfortable vacations, comfortable possessions, pretty much make our comfort the premier controlling force in our lives. Basically it's worrying too much about tomorrow and not living in today. Christ even warns us about this in His Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 6:34: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Another of God's promises from Jeremiah, which is a favorite verse of many says: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So there we even have God going a step further to say, not only are you not to worry about tomorrow and your future, but I will personally take the care to make sure that you have a future and that I will not harm you and will even bless you!

Here though are the verbatim text messages from JJ, because I want to share with the world his wisdom...

- Yeah it's pretty exciting to know God is going to send me somewhere He wants me to be
- My mindset is so different. (because of not worrying about tomorrow) I am not scared of the future or what will happen to me because I know God is in control
- Yeah I feel like people live their lives planning for the future so they can retire happily. Man, we are robbing ourselves if we do that. Live now!
- Yeah! I have been wasting my life. My life and relationship with Christ is about right now, today.
- It will change your life. (speaking on shifting your focus) Your struggles are easier to battle, you love more, and you ultimately submit your life to Jesus and experience God more
- When Jesus woke up and it was Tuesday, he didn't think to himself, "Ya know what, I don't many fun things planned today...but I'm excited for Saturday!"
- Today is the best and most important day of your life. We waste our lives looking ahead or behind
- I firmly believe its a tactic used by the evil one and its pretty effective
- I just want to tell everyone. We are all being deceived

So check out that wisdom, make some of your own. It's a fantastic observation though, and worth much self searching in terms of how we live our own lives according to the faith and comfort that we take in the two passages above. Check out the blog of my friends the Spruills. Kevin speaks a lot about trusting in God to provide and this is the same concept; you won't be disappointed in reading his thoughts. 

The great thing about it though, is that it holds true to any of us! God loves His children and yearns to care for them and to have them experience His love...let yourself experience His love in this hu-massive area of life!

My future is secure; and so is yours.

No comments: