Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another new love...

So I must confess, I have a new love in my life... And it is playing board games. Hah. But seriously folks, I thoroughly enjoy playing board games, of any type really. I've always been a big competitor and my drive to win at anything I do is kind of...intense. As in, if  left unchecked like it was when I was younger, it is a really bad thing. Board games though, allow for a quite healthy outlet for that. Who doesn't love a little bit of luck combined with an even less amount of skill that equates to somehow winning a competition that has absolutely zero real life consequences?

The great thing about board games though, is that for the most part they allow you to have a great conversation if you like, with a small group of people, but with a slight distraction so that things don't get too heavy or dry. Again, I love having life conversations with people and so this just increases my  love of board games because of that factor. 

So really, let's play a board game together sometime soon and talk about what Jesus is doing in our lives...oh yeah, and I'll beat you too. Hah.

No comments: