Tuesday, February 17, 2009

That's amore...

To be honest, I've been watching my Blogger Dashboard fill everyday with updates from all these other blogs of friends that I'm following and it really makes me want to write something. However, there hasn't been a ton of crazy revelation-like stuff that I want to post lately happening in my life. Don't get me wrong, I freaking love life right now; between leading, coaching, hanging with friends, God, and other random things it's a good life I live. God has blessed me immensely and for that I am insanely grateful. 

So in lieu of this blessed life I live, I'll just give you a couple anecdotes from it lately...

This past Saturday was Singles Awareness Day, for those of you who were unawares, and me and the guys decided to have some dude time. If you know me, you know I cherish guy fellowship, and this is no slam on the ladies out there...but when it comes down to it you just aren't as cool as guys. So we went to Canes, had heart attacks, then headed down to the Big Bang piano bar again for some crowd watching and great music. We tried getting the one guy to dance with some random girls again, but he was having none of it tonight. So we settled into singing along loudly with the music, and doing the typical crowd watching and commentary-ing. Well one of our friends, Mr. John Slemmer (UAHS class of '03 Most Underrated Hot Guy) was just jiving along to the music when he was approached by two women. You must understand, these women were quite inebriated and took quite a liking to young Mr. Slemmer. The first question that they asked was: "Oh my gosh are you Ashton Kutcher?!?" And to their credit there was absolutely no slurring...but dang they were drunk. Then they inquired of John's age, and apparently there's a huge difference between 24 and 25; them hoping that he was 25 when they were probably mid 30's. This made him more "cute" apparently than "hot", but did nothing to stop their incredible amount of groping of my friend. Of course though, the other guys and I did nothing to stop this encounter and proceeded just to laugh our heads off while it was happening, while quietly hoping the ladies would not repeat their...investigation of the rest of us. So if you see John, go ahead and ask him if he's Ashton Kutcher...then feel free to grab his butt.

Switching gears completely, we had CCHS campaigners on Sunday night...for which I was able to prepare about a solid 20 minutes for after discovering that we had completely forgotten to assign someone to this week. So I showed up with some scribbled notes about the topic of God's love and true love and really had no idea where things were going to go. Most of the kids coming to Campaigners regularly are freshmen who don't know Christ personally and so you never quite know what answer you're going to get. However, it turned into one of those amazing moments where God just says "I got you" and then He really comes through. The conversation was organic and just flowed, with most all of the kids there contributing out of the astonishing 14 that came! Last week we had 12 and were just praising Christ for that, but this week we increase with new kids and now my mind is just blown away. Please be praying that this continues, as these kids are genuinely seeking answers to life's questions and aren't afraid to ask or try things out. Most all are excited about camp and the price doesn't seem to daunt any of them, but pray that money isn't an issue with these kids either at any point. 

Last week I had to do a sprint workout with my kids and I hurt like hell. Judge me, but know that I haven't done a sprint workout in at least 6 years and now I only go for 1-2 mile runs and don't care about speed. 

Also I had a chance to go to the USA/Mexico game on Wednesday at Crew Stadium amidst the hurricane. It. was. awesome. 

That's all I probably got for today...hopefully some more tomorrow. 

No comments: