Monday, February 9, 2009

Take it to the people...

Hey friends...well here's the thing about this blogging jazz. I really dislike just posting what's been going on in my day or whatever I did recently. Unless that's OSU sports, it just doesn't appeal to me. Here's the thing, there are friends of mine that do that and they are wonderful and much more gifted than I at storytelling, and so what they write is cool. My life recaps I feel aren't. So as much as I hate just writing for anyone's approval we all write for that on some level. It's just a matter of how much it controls our writings. 

So I shall choose the lesser of two evils and tell you about my life lately. I've been pretty busy with all sorts of things that have kept me running around and simultaneously loving life. Track has started up and of course I love it. Concerning Young Life we have Campaigners going and started club back up (not our own but going to other schools). OSU sports is way fun, we win lots of stuff. 

- Track. I love track. We've been over this, but now that it's started and I'm actually coaching kids and getting to see them a lot it's just way over the top incredible. Especially since I don't have to worry about classes and studying anymore in my life...that applies to making everything more awesome but especially track. My relationships with the kids are incredible right now, and new kids are just joining in with the old in having a good time and working hard and forming good relationships with me. I love being more confident after this coaching clinic as well with what I am teaching the kids. It's brought a whole new level of respect from them and confidence for themselves as well. I continue to pray that God will move in some pretty mighty ways within this group this year. A goal of mine is to be able to openly pray with kids before races or meets this year. If whoever is reading this could add that to your prayer list, that would be amazing. 

- God is not just moving in great ways in my track ministry, but with other guys as well. I am blessed to lead with studs like Vivake, Vuck, and Nathan. Trisha and the former Laura weren't too shabby either. However, last night blew me away. We had 12 kids there in total, 3 of the guys were new and 1 girl was new. Most everyone seemed to be learning from what Nathan was throwing down, which could've even been over their heads but they all seemed to be tracking with it. A lot of different kids contributed answers and spoke up to read the scripture passages. It was just great as always, to be able to just join in what God is doing in a place. All of them seemed pretty excited about Campaigner Weekend as well as camp, so please keep Central Crossing Young Life in your prayers as well. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts and updates on this all the time. It's just an exciting time for us as a team. 

- This week was just a week of sports for me. Not only did track start up on Tuesday, but I also went to the OSU/Purdue game that night with my dad which we won 80-72 in overtime. Purdue has never won a game against us at the Schott and it's great to keep that up...suckers. Then Thursday I got to see my Comets wrestle and kick the snot out of New Albany and Dublin Scioto...my boys are good. Friday night brought a very satisfying win over Kilbourne and their uppity, too vocal parents...in fact all three teams beat Kilbourne: Freshmen, JV, and Varsity. Boo yah. Saturday brought another OSU basketball game, this time against the Fighting Tubby Smiths of Minnesota in a revenge game for us which was horribly officiated and yet we still won. Awesome...2/2 in knocking off ranked teams for the Bucks this week. Speaking of knocking off ranked teams, then we went to the OSU hockey game on Sunday (for free with .25 hotdogs) against the #2 Fighting Irish and we kicked the crap out of them 4-1. Got free fries for that, as well as the Purdue game. Went straight from the OSU cagers to the OSU grapplers against Purdue again and we solidly defeated them. Man I love the Buckeyes. I love sports too. 

Mark Titus did his handshake thing again after the Minnesota game and it was great. I'm not overly sure how to end this post now though. Just thought you all should know what's been happening in my life. I reached into my pocket for some small change, and you just read my 2 cents. 

No comments: