Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey lurkey dee...

Oh snap I love Thanksgiving! Hopefully you do too, because when else is it socially acceptable to completely gorge yourself to the point of digestion induced sleep while horrible football is played?! Ok, so I know, we live in America and the previous statement could just be the motto of our beloved country during the fall... Then this gets me thinking even more recently, as I have thankfully just started two jobs and am no longer a societal mooch, but one of those jobs is doing stock at Macy's. It hit me like a ton of bricks the first day I was working, as it was one of their famed One Day Sales, just the rampant consumerism and over spending of money that infects our society. As I sat there continually refilling socks for hours, it really made me begin to reevaluate how I act as a consumer these days. What better ways could I serve Christ with my money than buying myself stuff...?

Really though, I have so much to be thankful for today, and lately I've also been reflecting a larger amount of things in my life and finding myself being very thankful all the time for things. Now of course in my way am I as appreciative I would like to be about things and people in my life, but I'm getting there.

First and foremost, I am thankful for the great I Am, and the fact that I can have a living and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, and that He is constantly pursuing me and seeking to be the Lord of my life. I am thankful for my family, and wish that we were able to share life more together. I am quite thankful for Young Life, and all that is going on at Central Crossing HS amongst those kids and parents. I am thankful for so many little things that I cannot even begin to list on here, but I challenge anyone who reads this to really take a critical look at the amazing amount of blessings in our lives and truly ask God for a spirit of humbleness and thankfulness about this life we live...

This morning was incredible. Got to see some of my brothers and sisters from Summer Staff this past July at Lake Champion, and anytime I see anyone from that month it's the same...it's like we've never left each other, and it's like we are truly meant to be together. The fellowship was incredible, the fellowship was real. Seek that for your own life...

Happy Thanksgiving.
"He who did not spare His own Son, but gave him up for us all - how we he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" ~ Romans 8:32

No comments: