Friday, November 28, 2008

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus x12

So I just got done working my first "Black Friday" ever...and it was crazy. Ridiculous crazy. Masses of people, all of them just interested in getting the best deal for something for someone...hopefully that something for that someone ends up being useful and liked. However if it's the thought that counts, what does that say when you are skimping money to get that something for that someone? I kid of course, but it makes you think a little bit doesn't it...

The other observation from this ridiculous day, is that I have now heard the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" about 12 times. I never want to hear that song again in my life. Now I had a friend tell me that her personal mission is to make sure that I don't lose my Christmas spirit or something like that...whatever that means. So to be honest I sure hope that she succeeds, and beyond that I sure hope that she doesn't even have to succeed. But this rampant materialism/consumerism and incessant pounding of horrible Christmas music into my ears isn't going to help.

I wish I had some more entertaining and thorough thoughts today, but I'm just wiped out right now and am even incredulous that I'm still awake right now... So I'll say goodnight, and please come back...I think I have some good thoughts and musings brewing...

No comments: